Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"$63.78? Okay, thanks!"

We decided to have pizza for dinner tonight, so we ordered 2 large 2 toppings from Brick Oven Pizza here in Kapa'a. It was $63.78...for two pizzas...with two toppings...That's $31.89 a piece and $3.99 per slice. Delivery was NOT included; my dad and Josh picked them up. However, the pizza was pretty damn tasty and in reality, we would've paid way more than that for a sit down dinner anywhere. And boy were we hungry! We had worked up one heck of an appetite with all the snorkeling and hippy shopping we did today.

My dad drove us down to the Spouting Horn on the South Shore where we watched water shoot up through a hole in the rocks. While there we spotted a couple of whales off in the distance and saw a sea turtle swimming near the surface of the water near the rock's edge.



We had sandwiches for lunch from Brennecke's before rushing over to the Sunshine Market in Kaloa. This was a local farmers market where vendors sold fresh fruit and flowers out of their trucks. We got some fresh cut tropical flowers and a bag full of fruit. We had a hard time trying to figure out what to put the flowers in since our condo is ilequipped for accomodating fresh flowers, but we made do.



After we spent 15 minutes or so getting run over by old hippy women making mad dashes for the different products, we drove to Lawai Beach. There we snorkeled for quite some time seeing tons of fish.



My mom and I swam through some rather large waves, past surfers and around a rocky bend in search for sea turtles. Much to my pleasure, God answered my prayers and showed us two sea angels gliding underwater.



We left Lawai after a couple of hours and went to Poipu where we saw whales breeching just as we were stepping foot in the water. It was honestly one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I did not get a photo of mama and baby whale, but I did get a fabulous shot of mr. chicken:



Aside from the chickens, whales and turtles we saw a couple of eels. My goggles kept fogging up and filling with water, so I didn't stay out there too long. Josh broke the clip to his snorkel, so he came in just before I did.

At about this time we all decided that we'd head back to the East Coast . There was some traffic heading home, but the scenery more than makes up for the inconvenience.



Once we got back, Josh made us drinks and we went down to the pool. My mom and I tried ordering pina coladas, but apparently the bar was out of colada mix so we settled on mango daiquiris. After swimming and hottubbing is when we ordered the pizza.

I was so exhausted by the time I finished eating my dinner that I could have fallen asleep, but stayed awake for a little while visiting with my parents. I wanted to go to bed when they left, but Josh was wide awake and it was only 7:45. I talked him into smoking a cigar while sharing the hammock with me.



We stayed long enough for him to smoke most of the cigar before turning in. We have to be up bright and early tomorrow to listen to the sales pitch for the resort...but Josh is excited about busting the salesman's chops and getting a two for one cattamaran ride for later this week.

For now I must close this laptop; I am pretty much delerious and need to get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment