Thursday, March 12, 2009

Martha Stewart as a Model?

Yes! I had never heard that Martha Stewart had once been a model until today. As I was checking out Annie Kevans paintings online, I came across a gallery of "Beauty Queens" and saw this:



The caption read: Martha Stewart modeling as Veronica Lake

Surely this isn't the Martha Stewart...

But it was! As a teenager, Martha had modeled for several publications and department stores, and had even starred in a television commercial for Life Buoy Soap.



What else has Martha done that I am not aware of??? I discovered that she had won a partial scholarship to study art and architectural history at Barnard College in New York City; that she began her career as a stockbroker; and in 1961 Glamour Magazine named her as one of America's "Best Dressed College Girls".

Slowly, I am finding Martha to be more and more badass. You may disagree with me if you want, but she's hardcore, knows how to cook, and has 2 French Bulldogs.

2 comments:

  1. While she did model, the Veronica Lake photo is actually more recent, from a makeup book put out by Kevyn Aucoin.

    ReplyDelete